Sick Dwarf Gourami??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zman16

AC Members
Jul 8, 2005
I got a male neon dwarf gourami about two weeks ago, and I noticed it had some weird looking cheeks, which I thought were round-shaped cuts. I didn't think it was a big deal, because he acted perfectly fine in the tank. Until today I noticed he was alot less active than usual, and the cuts look redder. I'm not sure what kind of disease he has if any :huh: .

Somebody PLEASE HELP! :help:

Zman16

AC Members
Jul 8, 2005
Yeah, they are.

pisces22

AC Members
Aug 1, 2004
Ontario,Canada eh?
Visit site
My dwarf gouramis all had the exact same thing; im not sure what it is but theyre all doing fine and r healthy. If ur fish is acting sluggish u mite want to do a water change and look for other signs of disease also what is ur tanks temp? Is it affected all by the summer heat because that makes my dwarf gouramis slow down.

Zman16

AC Members
Jul 8, 2005
Thanks for the help! I just realized the tank that day was 82 degrees because of all the summer heat ( like you said ) and the tank is normaly 79 degrees. Now he's doing fine, so I guess I just over reacted about this. Thank for the advice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store