10 Random Helpful Hints

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sky.eyes.woman

I'd rather be in Hockeytown!
Dec 6, 2004
Greenville, SC
1- When making Hamburger Helper or a similar type dish, cook the ground beef and drain it, then mix the sauce powder stuff in with the drained meat before you add the water and pasta. You'll never have any lumps of undissolved powder.

2- Use rubbing alcohol to get chewing gum off of carpet.

3- If you're parking your car in a large lot like at a mall, try to park with one of those concrete islands with grass and trees in front of your car. I learned this after some idiot broke one of my headlights out at work. :mad2:

4- If your cat likes to jump on furniture and other things you don't want her on, place things like empty cardboard boxes in the landing spots she'll most likely use and she won't jump. This has protected my bird for a long time, Kit N. (affectionately known as The Crackhead) sees things in her way and doesn't try to get at BooBoo anymore.

5- When you pick up a jug of milk at the grocery store, always turn it upside down and squeeze the sides. Choose another one if it leaks. The one time you don't do this, it will leak all over the back seat of your car in summer and reek for months. (One guess as to how I learned this!)

6- Don't use liquid fabric softener on your towels. It makes them less absorbent.

7- Your dishwasher is good for cleaning lots of other things besides dishes. I like using it to clean my bird's and hamsters' cages. It also works great for cleaning plastic Yaffa blocks that would take forever to clean by hand.

8- Always go to the bathroom right before painting your fingernails, if you don't, you'll have to go before they are dry.

9- Save a few bucks...instead of buying Tylenol PM, get the cheapest store brand allergy medicine that contains diphenhydramine Hcl. Compare the active ingredients on the Tylenol PM and then ask yourself if you ever noticed how you don't have a runny nose when you take Tylenol PM. :D
If you want the pain relief and sleep medicine, just take some acetomenophen with the allergy pills.

10- Always carry a lighter, even if you don't smoke. You never know when you might need to light something on fire.

Now share some of your random helpful hints with me!

:idea2:

saltyc

AC Members
Aug 24, 2004
Kansas
When I cook hamburger for Hamburger Helper or spaghetti, I put enough water in the pan to make it sort of soupy. That way, you don't have to stand there & break it all up until it's cooked-just break it up after you add the water, then cover & cook at around 250 deg. Strain off the water just like you would strain spaghetti, throw the meat back into the pan, finish seasoning/preparing.

maaltan

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
10- Always carry a lighter, even if you don't smoke. You never know when you might need to light something on fire.
hmm all the time, especially at rude retail establishments (walmart, etc) .. probably why i dont carry one :)

FishSeller

AC Members
Apr 28, 2005
1- Never fry anything naked

2- Paintballs look like bubble gum

3- Never trust anyone but yourself to put the plug in the boat

4- Fireworks, your buddies, and a single-cab truck are a recipie for disaster

5- Labs like roadkill

6- Leave your most trusted friend with a blank check. You never know when you may need it.

7- Tracers work both ways

8- Two words for the workplace: Courtesy Flush

9- Little guys have something to prove

10- Never uderestimate a Southerner. Just because they speak slower doesn't mean they think slower.

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
When working on your aquaria, dry your hands throughly before touching any powerstrips.

Always keep a $20 bill folded in your wallet/purse.

flyingfish

time to play!
Dec 26, 2004
Dryer sheet style fabric softener can also make your towels less absorbent. They can also clean the yuck off the top of the washer and dryer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store