Heater went out!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
Well today i am lucky that nothing died. Well i came home form the LFS with some shromms, piece of LR and some macros. Went to stick my hand in the tank and it was freezing. Some one bumped into the powerbar and the heater was not plugged in. Well in my room it is very COLD and the tank was at about 65. From the usual 80. My blue damsel was lying on the subtrate. And my turbos were as normal, but my xenia was all folded up. So i heated on the burner some water from by tank to 80 and stuck the turbos, the damsel and the xenia in there. After 2 hours in there @ 80 , i stuck them in the main tank and they are all doing okay, even the new additions.
But i got a question. My blue damsel isn't looking good, his color is okay but he isn't acting like he use to. i think he was burnt form going to 65-80 F water. My mistake. Anything i can do to improve the way he is.:confused: or just ride it out.

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Not much you can do at this point. You've got the best chance of success with a damsel as compared to any other fish, but that's still a pretty significant stress. Keep your fingers crossed and be ready to medicate in a SEPARATE tank if necessary. (Many conventional meds containing copper or malachite green are lethal to inverts).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store