freak fire

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
Yesterday we had a really bad thunderstorm come over my neighborhood. i was in my home office on my cell phone when there was this bright flash of white light and then a loud thunderclap that shook the house. our power stayed on so i figured everything was ok. and i didnt hear a tree fall or anything. about 10 mins later i smelled smoke. i ran outside because something was definitely burning. i checked our house and saw nothing. then i happened to look over at my neighbor's house and i saw a plume of smoke coming out of their roof. i grabbed my cell and dialed 911 as i ran next door to get the neighbors out. when i got next door, the neighbors came out and were dialing 911 as well. 4 firetrucks showed up and by then the whole roof and the inside of the house was engulfed in thick smoke. the firemen brought in 4 or 5 hoses and they went in with axes and tore apart the ceiling and walls to put out the fire. the fire was in the walls and in the crawlspace in the ceiling. they put out the fire and the city utilities came to cut the power line that runs from the house to the power pole. the lightning had struck a pine tree next to the house and it went into the electrical wiring inside the house causing a fire. the house is not a total loss, but their stuff is all smoke damaged and wet from the fire hoses. fortunately, their landlord is really nice and put them up in a hotel. and everyone is ok, we're all freaked out but ok. i've never seen anything like it before. and considering that our house has way more trees i'm surprised that it picked the one tree in their yard to hit. freaky.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
I'm glad that family is okay, and also that you and your family is safe.

Close calls are scary.

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
yeah they are...i'm glad they're ok and that we were home or else the house would've been lost. the fire spreaded fast. amazing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store