who wants to help me make my tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishyman45

AC Members
Jul 3, 2005
k i have my 20 gals background, filter, gravel, and its full and running.
ill get plants next week, in the meantime, wat kinda plants does anyone suggest that tetras, livebearers, and a gourami would like? and how heavily planted?

PurpleSmurf

AC Members
May 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
purplesmurf.com
My gourami loves the floating water sprite in my tank. He makes the biggest bubble nest in its leaves, really neat to see.

StacieA

AC Members
Jul 10, 2005
Washington, DC
I've had good luck with banana plants, and I have thumbs of death! Several of the leaves reach the surface and float like a lilly which I think guoramis like?

Rometiklan

AC Members
Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
PurpleSmurf said:
My gourami loves the floating water sprite in my tank. He makes the biggest bubble nest in its leaves, really neat to see.
I agree with PurpleSmurf...water sprite for your gourami. I keep some floating in my tank, and my pearl gouramis like to swim in and around the plants. I generally like to keep low maintenance plants like java moss and java fern in my livebearer tanks because they provide fairly dense coverage for fry. In my 80g Amazon set-up, with a lot of tetras, I like to keep plants indigenous to the Amazon like swordplants.

75g

Let's play "Spot the Banjo"
Jun 12, 2005
Toronto
A second for Java Moss. It looks great (deep green colored little branches), is virtually indestructible, and shy fish and fry love it as a hiding place.

-Andrew

WinterWind

Mad pianist
Feb 11, 2005
How much lighting do you have?

Fish won't really mind your selection of plants. It depends on what you like. If you're just starting out with plants or you have low lighting, I would suggest you go with anubias, java fern, anacharis, green hygro, or water sprite. They are all easy to care for and don't need any extra attention.

perfection

AC Members
Jul 5, 2005
plants

brazil swords aka peace lilly,work well and can tollerate high salinity if you get into some serious livebearers.They are slow growing but hardy like anubius

greendeltatke

AC Members
Mar 28, 2005
Chicago
I really like my water lettuce. Its a floating plant, so you only see the roots from the side of the tank. The platties and shrimp are often rummaging around in the roots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store