Help with ID's please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

recondite

AC Members
Nov 15, 2004
I'm having an outbreak of some sort of curly worm type of thing and want to know about a few other things I saw when I had the cam handy.
First one is that curly thing, most of them are between 1-4mm.

Second one I think is a bristleworm, 7-15mm in length

Third is some other kind of worm, 5-10mm in length.

Finally I think this one is a nassarius snail, 1mm-4mm. I never had any of that type of snail though. The only kind I have are astraea snails.

The tank has been set up since November, I've seen pods for a while, but these other ones have popped up in the last two weeks.

curly.JPG worm.JPG snail.JPG worm2.JPG

BBN

Braves on the Warpath
Apr 3, 2003
Marion, Illinois
Visit site
Is that curled one the actual worm or a shell? If it's a shell I have them too and no problem. Those curly shells are all over my powerheads and everything else that's solid and not made of glass. My Turbo snail even has a some on his shell.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Thing one: tubeworm.
Thing two: yep, a bristleworm
Thing three: no idea, I'll look around
Thing four: looks like a nassarius to me too.

brovo2zero

AC Members
Jan 14, 2005
i have thoes they look like baby fireworms my baby red lobster eats them so i dont wory about removing them .. hermit crabs eat them aswell ...

recondite

AC Members
Nov 15, 2004
Thanks for the info everyone, much appreciated.

BBN said:
Is that curled one the actual worm or a shell? If it's a shell I have them too and no problem. Those curly shells are all over my powerheads and everything else that's solid and not made of glass. My Turbo snail even has a some on his shell.
Its a worm, I've seen some halfway uncurled, but they don't ever really move around as far as I've seen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store