gourami babies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
I have a pair of dwarf gouramies and I'd eventually like to try to get them to spawn. i've read some different stuff and it all says that after the fry are born they need infusoria and I have to culture that myself. I'm worried that seems a little complicated. Is there any other alternative? I don't want to have babies and they starve because I'm still waiting for the culture to be ready or something.

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
I've always fed powdered fry food to my labyrinth fish fry. I've never bred gourami, but it may work.

I wouldn't worry too much about the infusoria not culturing fast enough, just start it well in advance.

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
well seeing how gouramies are labyrinth fish maybe that will work. i want to have somthing on standby if my culture died or didn't work. i've also read in some of the other posts about liquid fry food. i wonder if that would work as well. never seen it at the pet store.

fishdrifta

Fishguy by day,drifta by night
Jul 23, 2005
Why dont u just feed em baby brine shrimp.They should be able to eat that

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
gourami babies are too small at first to eat bbs.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
They aren't too small to eat BBS but dwarf gouarmi need low protein foods as a frist meal and generally over their life time. the BBS is too high in protein. Look into getting powdered spirulina for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store