Help !!! My Damsels are attacking each other right Now!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nicole

AC Members
Jun 18, 2005
Hurleyville
Help!!!!!! I have a 29 gallon tank. Until today it's had only crabs (a lot of crabs) and two black and white Three Stripe Damselsand a shrimp. Today I got two Yellow Tail Blue Damsels and the one T.S Damsel started attacking them immediately. Help !!! What should I do ?

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
I'm not sure there's much you can do - damsels are known for that type of behaviour. They're sweet-looking, but very territorial and have an attitude ten times their size. If you can rearrange things in the tank a bit that might help (works with territorial FW fish, breaks up existing territory and puts everyone on even ground). The only other solution I can think of is to return them, sorry :(

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
damsels look prett put are a pain. You have too many anyway, 4-5 fish in u're tank would be a heap! Get some other fish, it is too much work with damsels

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
close all u;re light sources, like curtains and stuff when u go to bed so that when u wake up the room is dark. get u;re self ready and then when u can go to the lfs, the room will be dark, hence, the fish will be sleeping, they are just floating arround, net them and put them in a bag. other wise it can be really hard

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store