Snowflake Moray Eels and ICH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

marinefishfan

Registered Member
Jul 26, 2005
Hi, I am just wondering if a snowflake moray eel can get ich. I know that they are scaleless, and I haven't noticed and ich on my eel so far, but i have had an outbreak of ich in my marine tank. I am hoping that someone can help me answer this question. Thanks very much

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
They can get ich, but need to be treated without copper... some other meds can be deadly to them also. Suggest moving your eel to a QT and treating with a few freshwater dips (no meds) as needed; plenty of info for that on the web. If you treat the display with copper, make sure you remove it all with a Polyfilter before returning the eel. The slime coatings on morays generally repel most pathogens; as a result they are very hardy and disease-resistant fish.

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
i wouldn't think that a fishes scales has anything to do with white spot but it could be a point. better be on the safe side though, it is usually best to be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store