Help with Sunset Gourami basic info sought

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

poysen

AC Members
Aug 16, 2005
Hi all.. I'm new to the forum and to aquarium care.. with that in mind.. maybe someone could supply me with vital info on sunsets?

I'm really only looking for:
Max size in aquarium:
Temperment: (peaceful, aggressive, semi aggressive)
Temperature level:
PH level:
KH Level:

I will ask other qiestions at local pet shop later in the week. Though to plan if they can go in tank I need the above info sooner.

PS If you have other interesting info you feel like sharing about them, that's cool too, lol.

Thanks in advance. :)

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
2 1/2-3 inches

peaceful, they may show a little agression towards their own kind but its not a problem if given enough space.

high 70s

anywhere between 6-8 for Ph, fishes will adapt to the Ph.

unless your kh is below 3, don't worry about it.

Dwarf gouramis are great, they're really easy to care for and will eat almost anything. About the only time you have problems with them is if you stick a bunch of them in a tank that's too small, or if you stick them with other anabantids (betta, paradise fish).

poysen

AC Members
Aug 16, 2005
Thank you phanmc. They won't get along with a pair of Blue Paradise fish? Hmm wonder why pet shop didn't note that when I was asking about both... Will have to run that by them again Wed.. I suppose lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store