Nitragon - How do I recharge it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fazzafaris

AC Members
Aug 12, 2003
Reigate, Surrey, England
Hi all.

I have a Nitragon nitrate remover and have just realised that it needs recharging - I did a nitrate test on some water it had processed and found it had made no difference at all! The instructions say it can be recharged by pumping a salt soution through it but gives no hint as to how this can be achieved. Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you recharge it? I have searched the net and some people suggest using an old powerhead, but I don't have one of these. Any ideas?

Thanks.

John.

JinxXx0085

AC Members
Jun 12, 2005
Montana
I've never used that product before but what I do to remove nitrate is doing water changes. Give it some time for the others to give their responses. :thm:

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
40 ppm will not hurt your fish. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Most of us who strive to keep our nitrates less than 20 are starting at 0. Nitrates are an indicator of pollutant build-up in a tank. so if we gain 20 we know we have gained other hard to measure pollutants and a water change is needed. If we were starting at forty we'd be trying to keep our levels below 60 ppm. To my knowledge 40-60 is still safe providing other factors in the tank are kept under control.
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store