should i be feeding my fish salads?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jan

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
25gl. with rosy barbs, neon tetras and a golden algea eater. All i've ever fed them was flake food, but i'm noticing people are feeding their fish all kinds of vegetables and stuff. Should i start doing this to? is there any specific vegetables i should be feeding them. letuce or something. and... why? and what else do you feed your fish?

Jericho

AC Members
Jul 22, 2005
I will feed my algea eater vegetables, but I have never fed the fish any. But some of my gouramis do pick at a cucumber.

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I personally like to give my fish a varied diet, that way they get different foods and nutrients. "salad" is not required, but my fish LOVE cucumber... I also feed flakes, freeze dried bloodworms, FD tubifex worms, FD brine shrimp, and algae wafers. Check the articles, I think there is a sticky about feeding vegetables, you can get more ideas there :D

Jan

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
hmmm. well then i guess my golden algea eater will be feasting on some cucumber tonight!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store