Puffer Punk

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Heya! Guess what? The puffers laid eggs again. We are hoping to do better this time.

I don't think we have any surviving babies from the first batch. He ate the eggs of the second batch. We are gonna remove the eggs this time (we put a slate in and that is where most the eggs are).

You had mentioned egg yolk when I first posted about the babies. That is basically what we used, cuz we were having a hard time with the freshly hatched brine shrimp (not to mention my husband just not listening to me). Is egg yolk enough for them in the beginning, or should we keep trying with the brine shrimp too?

You seem to know alot about puffers, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Lila

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Lila, I really haven't veen keeping puffers all that long. A little over a year now. I have been keeping fish & working in the aquarium trade for around 25 years now. Everything I know about puffers I learned from puffer & BW sites, especially from Robert Ricketts. He's my puffer-mentor.

I read about the egg yolk on a aquarium fish site. I would only use it while they're very tiny. Make sure you don't overfeed, as this will foul up your tank quickly. You may be able to buy egg-layer food, frozen baby reine or infusoria (sp?) for them to eat when they grow. I think it is a good idea to seperate the eggs from the parents. I would still suggest you post your questions about breeding these fish to the yahoopuffer site, I know there was someone there thas had bred them sucessfully.

Pufferpunk

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
I sent an email to the address you gave me and it was sent back as a non existant address.

Do you know if using liquid fry food would be okay (for egg layers)?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
It should be ok, it's made for the tiny fry of egg-layers.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Lila, Did you register at the yahoogroup?

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Darn!! This last batch of eggs weren't fertilized. Why wouldn't he fertilize them? He was gaurding them for a day, then started eating them. So I removed them and they all turned white.

Sheesh!!

Puffer, could you give me the web addy again?
Thanks.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store