Help Me So I Don't Kill My Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Boohoo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Bridgewater,Nova Scotia
On Sunday we (the family) went for a walk through a grown up field and were full of grass fleas on our clothes. When we got home we all tried to make sure we brushed off as many as possible before coming inside. Well I guess we didn't do as good a job as we thought. I have been vacuming like a mad person and stripping the beds and doing laundry but there are still some on the carpet as we are picking them off of ourselves. So I called the vet this morning to ask about a premise spray. What they have is a non-aresol pump spray. I asked about spraying with fish tanks in the house and they told me "when I spray to turn my filters off for a few hours and cover my tanks". So now I would like some opinions on just how you think I should do this. The vet doesn't deal with fish so until I get some Expert advice I'll take what they say with a grain of salt. :help:

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
when you pick them off, put them in a cup of soapy water instead of trying to squish them. they'll suffocate and there's less chance of dropping it before you can pinch it. they can climb out of regular water though.

as for the tanks, i really don't know, but if you are going to cover them i suggest getting that plastic wrap that makes a seal when you rub it onto the container, that way no air will get in.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
wataugachicken said:
when you pick them off, put them in a cup of soapy water instead of trying to squish them. they'll suffocate and there's less chance of dropping it before you can pinch it. they can climb out of regular water though.

as for the tanks, i really don't know, but if you are going to cover them i suggest getting that plastic wrap that makes a seal when you rub it onto the container, that way no air will get in.

i agree the glad press and seal ...i use the stuff when we flea bomb our house (two dogs and a cat..regular maintanace) i only flea bomb right before winter and last year i used it and it made taking care of the tanks way easier...i use a big rubbermaid tub and put the lid on set it outside for all of my filters and the i take the lights off and use the press and seal ..i did it this way last year and had no casulties ...good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store