Headgrowth on goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JDC

AC Members
May 6, 2005
ok got a question for you guys,does the headgrowth on oranda goldfish bruise really easy? If my fish swims into driftwood, hits his head, etc, it gets red and looks like a bruise but goes away over time. Today i came in and he has a red spot on his head, looks like a large broken blood vessel. This has got me worried that it may be a bacterial or fungal infection of some sort. What do you guys think?

nathalie1977

AC Members
Aug 20, 2005
JDC said:
ok got a question for you guys,does the headgrowth on oranda goldfish bruise really easy? If my fish swims into driftwood, hits his head, etc, it gets red and looks like a bruise but goes away over time. Today i came in and he has a red spot on his head, looks like a large broken blood vessel. This has got me worried that it may be a bacterial or fungal infection of some sort. What do you guys think?
I've never seen bruises on any orandas I've had. But you do want to avoid any driftwood with sharp edges, like you would with a bubble-eye or telescope goldfish.

It's probably an injury.. are there any narrow places that he might be trying to get through?

JDC

AC Members
May 6, 2005
No narrow places, when i feed him sometimes he gets really excited and chases the food and has ran into the driftwood, not too often but has happened. I have seen him barely run into it and he gets a bruise on his head so i just thought maybe they bruise easy there. He does like to sleep behing the driftwood so thats why i left it in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store