PETA's Dirty Secret...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Comments welcome.
Some may not agree with the Topic, but there's no need to bash anyone.

Link:

PETA's Dirty Secret

---------------------------

I think their millions could be spent in better ways...

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
I had read about them killing cats and dogs not too long ago. Last I remember reading/hearing, they didn't even believe people should have pets. That all animals should be free because owners would not take proper care of them.

The group just disgusts me.

Lila

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
Read this before. Not surprising, being hypocritical in this country is a way of life for some folks.

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
While I am not a huge supporter of PETA (a bit too extreme for my taste) I do appreciate their org. for the simple fact that most people don't look into the deeper stories and it may raise the awareness of fur, factory farming, etc. As for them killing animals, I do believe that they might get many more injured/unadoptable animals than the local shelter. Local shelters do not investigate cruelty/abandonment etc. cases and PETA does. Animals brought out of such a background are much more likely to have behavioral/aggression problems than say a dog taken to the local shelter b/c it got too big.

As for animal euthanasia, did anyone ever see the HBO documentary that played last year sometime??? I think it was called "shelter dogs"? It was absolutely heartbreaking, but personally I would much rather have an animal put to sleep than confined for years to a 2x2 cell b/c it happened to land in a "no kill" shelter. I used to feel differently, but the show really opened my eyes to the suffering that these animals endure while in a shelter. The sad fact is there is a terrible pet overpopulation problem, and just not enough homes for them all. Thousands of thousands of animals are put down every year and I would much rather it be the unadoptable animals to go first. That being said, I can't wait till I have even more property and can go adopt lots of animals!! I want to have a big barn for cats, and a huge yard with shelter for old dogs to live out their last few years :clap:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
If you look into the website and see the statistics, it's rather depressing - or is that 'angering', that this group has so much money, and chooses to push radical propaganda, even to the point of pushing it on children. It really is a shame.

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 7, 2004
Cincinnati, Ohio
For every animal you dont eat, im going to eat 3

Im a huge fan of PETA, I have my own division. PETA-People eating tasty animals. Today is the surf and turf, fish and beef, tommorow, chicken. Vegans really do bother me, unless they do it for health reasons, which makes sense. I had a vegan yell at me for eating chicken one time, while they were driving a SUV. Makes sense. Save some cows, but destory the enviorment with your gas guzzling car.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
tel0004 said = Im a huge fan of PETA, I have my own division. PETA-People eating tasty animals.

Can I join? I'd last 15 minutes as a vegetarian.....I'll bring the BBQ and steak sauce.... :sim:

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store