who's eggs are they? snails or angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wildiana

wildiana
Sep 27, 2004
Syracuse, New York

puppylover794

AC Members
Jul 8, 2005
California
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!! :)

I really don't know who they belong to though sorry....hopefully they belong to the angels! As long as the other fish aren't trying to eat them...wait a couple days until they hatch!

Good Luck!

fishdude92

AC Members
Jun 27, 2005
I think it's angel eggs because snail's eggs are usally clumped together and not spread out.

Candycat21

Dec 17, 2004
Charlotte, NC
After breeding angels for a few years now, I'm going to go with those being snail eggs. I could be wrong though as the pics aren't clear at all, a little blurry. :)
If they are angel eggs, even if the angels are inexperienced, they will show some form of parental instinct such as fanning the eggs to keep fresh water circulating around them etc.
If you could, could you post another pic that focuses on the eggs only so it's more clear to see, that way we could maybe tell you for sure :eek:
Also angels generally have to be a certain size, say about silver dollar size before they become mature enough to breed or lay eggs.
But, for now I'm going to say those are snail eggs

Last edited:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I'm gonna go with them being snail eggs too. Albeit, they don't look like your typical pond snail eggs that are laid in a sac of gel but like Candydat said, I've never in all my years seen a pair of angel lay eggs in that kind of mass. Plus if they are small angels, they are hardly ready for breeding and if they were, would be close to those eggs, fanning them or eating them.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Angel Eggs:

Ramshorn Eggs:

Another note, Angels are very protective of their eggs, if they are not sitting there hovering over them, fanning them, etc its not theirs. If they didn't want the eggs they would have eaten them. Thats another hint to the fact that those are snail eggs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store