angels not eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

troy272

AC Members
Aug 21, 2005
why wouldnt they? that doesnt make sense i thought they would eat just about anything. or would they have to get used to the new food?

Last edited:

Candycat21

Dec 17, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Try just feeding regular flake food and supplementing that with frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp. Mine go nuts for that...from the 1st day that I got them. Most stores feed their fish a mix of flakes and frozen foodds and then pellets for the bottom feeders and larger fish.
Most angels that I've had and take care of at the store I work at don't like the tubifex worms...not sure why...usually you can't go wrong with the bloodworms, so try that and the flakes and see if they eat.
Some fish just take longer to acclimate to new surroundings, so they may not eat for a few days...some for even up to a week or more....they'll eat when they're hungry and ready to though.
Good Luck and keep us posted! :)

troy272

AC Members
Aug 21, 2005
they did eat the tubifex worms when i broke them up... they pecked at the shrimp for awhile but then left it alone.

acadialover

AC Members
Sep 2, 2005
seattle, wa.
i've had two angels for about 3 months, and find they won't eat shrimp, barely eat flake, and attack my fingers to get the frozen bloodworms out of my fingers!!!! i think they are spoiled and have to wean them off bloodworms!! ha!! it has been suggested to me NOT to feed them the worms for awhile, and eventually they will eat other things!! good luck!

Candycat21

Dec 17, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Just keep a close eye on them for a while then. Since they did eat a little, I wouldn't be too worried, just give them time to settle in and get comfortable. Definitely try and feed the flakes though as a staple food and give frozen or live foods a couple times a week as well.
Good Luck! :hi:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store