angel fish throwing up...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

troy272

AC Members
Aug 21, 2005
i fed him some flakes today because they arent eating the freeze dried stuff i got and one of them puked his food up. why is this? can someone help me?

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
How long have you had the fish for?

troy272

AC Members
Aug 21, 2005
ive had the older one for about a month and a half and the newer one for about 2 or 3 days. they were fighting for the first few minutes i had them but now theyre paired up. maybe the filtration had something to do with it also. the water was looking rather murky and i realized the filter cartridge had been in there for about a month and a half so i changed it and cleaned all the filter parts because they were dirty and i also discovered that the filter arm insert thing is bent so i have to get a new one. maybe thats why he was puking. could it be the water being so dirty?

beautifulfish

Fishies are cool!
Aug 17, 2005
Troms?,Norway
do you crush up the flakes or serve them whole? Whenever I used to serve my flakes whole they would bight the food them throw it back up then eat it again..ya gross. That's what they did! I guess to get it into smaller pieces. Don't know if that's what your's are doin though.

Squealor

AC Members
Jun 30, 2005
Boston, MA
Mine spit out and re-eat flakes if they are too big, too. Eventually, they get smaller and they eat them. Gross, but I started breaking up the flakes and it stopped...

troy272

AC Members
Aug 21, 2005
Squealor said:
Mine spit out and re-eat flakes if they are too big, too. Eventually, they get smaller and they eat them. Gross, but I started breaking up the flakes and it stopped...

ill try that when i feed them tonight. ( i feed them twice a day is that too much?) and ill see what they do.

thanks so much for the help guys,
Troy

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
i agree it might be the fish just mouthing th efood to break it down ..tyr crushing the flakes smaller as stated in th eprevious post! good luck ..!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store