Aquarium animals to be airlifted out of New Orleans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flyingfish

time to play!
Dec 26, 2004
Hey, thanks Joe. My sister-in-law had asked me if I thought the aquariums would have made it. I guessed they wouldn't. I'm glad that at least some animals survived. I'm also glad to hear that the aquarium had a backup generater, even though it couldn't save them in the end.

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
I've actually been to the "Aquarium of the Worlds" (I think that's what it's called) and I really enjoyed it. I've also been to an aquarium in Corpus Christi, TX. Glad to here that some of the animals were able to be rescued.

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
it said that only 8 large tarpons and the leafy sea dragons survived out of the 10,000 fish!!!! that must be a large stinking pile of fish there now, what a shame....

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I don't think any of the aquariums were breached, so the animals weren't loose. The loss of power, and the resulting failure of filters and pumps, is likely what resulted in the deaths. Not to mention--most of the water that did breach the city would have been lethal to the animals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store