blue line shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

taimoor86

AC Members
Aug 29, 2005
Iridescent Shark

i have managed to find out its name its is Iridescent Shark it is knownas blue line shark in our area

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Hope you haven't gotten one yet :D !! Do a little research on the fish they get enormous, think 3 feet+ :eek: !! I wish stores would just stop selling them, there are very few people that can properly keep these fish

happy fish

Registered Member
Feb 23, 2008
umm they grow a lil bigger then 3foot:eek: they can grow to about 6 foot we have 1 in a pet show near us

Tophat665

Minion of the Scaled Ones.
Jul 13, 2006
NoVa
Paroon Sharks, related to Iridescents and prob'ly what that 6 footer was, can get up to 10'. Both are in the same family as the Mekong Giant catfish that's currently the largest catfish (possibly the largest freshwater fish). None of them are aquarium fish. Iridescents less so than most because, in addition to getting 4' long, they're schooling fish, so you're not looking at a tank, you're looking at a swimming pool.

That said, a school of 8 or 10 of those in a nice 5,000 gallon pond, maybe with a big ol red tail lurking at the bottom would be darn cool.

crashcan

Registered Member
Jan 20, 2010
Tks, i also got to know the real name of these pet sharks. our khi market guys have thier own encyclopedia for animals.

crashcan

Registered Member
Jan 20, 2010
Just wanted to know if there are any feeding tips to these iridescent sharks, we have a pond with a couple of these sharks in black and only one is albino iridescent shark which is very shy.
oh and not to forget the koi's , the parrots, the grammys and bala sharks ... and a turtle.
seems all are fine but these albinos sharks. lost 3 of the small 3 inch white albino sharks in two days, guess due to winters and lack of heater in our pond (which was a security measure due to the previous accident)
any tips for these white albino iridescent sharks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store