An Empty discus tank....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaylin

Don't ask if you don't want to know
Aug 14, 2005
Denver-ish Colorado.
Discus? Now why would he put discus in there?

I can't wait to see the new additions!!

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Well, here they are an hour after getting to me. Not all of them wanted to pose for pictures. They're still young 3.5-4" and just starting to color out.

Wayne Ng Spotted Eruption:

Wayne Ng Reflection Deep:

Wayne Ng Leopard Diamond:

And a couple group shots:

There are two Spotted eruptions, reflection deeps, and leopard diamonds, as well as a blue knight.

More pictures to come when they settle in a bit more

FishFreak101

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
wow they look real nice! are u using them for breeding?

theblueprint

AC Members
Aug 22, 2005
DISCUS SMISCUS...AFRICANS ARE BETTER :argue:

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
The reflection deeps yes, the two of them are awesome. If the blue knight picks up in growth, it will also be used. The leopard diamonds are essentially fancy red turquoises that I am gonna used to cross into my exisiting turqs, and the Spotted Eruptions (fancy name for Leopard Snakeskins) are still out, they have good shape, but spotting is lacking, they have some but not as much as I would like to be seeing at this age. However, they are snakeskins so I could always just use them to cross with my existing snakes.

The RDs and BKs are extremely high bodied fish (BKs are one of the only strains in the world that commonly can reach 10" in length) but if you look at the RDs and BKs (again essentially the same strain, but MOST BKs will outsize the RDs, not the case with the one I got, but he was a freebie so I can't complain) Most spotted strains aren't extremely round, so you take something like a BK or RD, who even when severely stunted will still appear round, and cross them into the spotted strain to get a rounder fish. I may do that with them, or simply just spawn them together and get more RDs/BKs

bob1962

AC Members
Sep 3, 2005
Woodstock NY
NatakuTseng said:
Well, here they are an hour after getting to me. Not all of them wanted to pose for pictures. They're still young 3.5-4" and just starting to color out.

There are two Spotted eruptions, reflection deeps, and leopard diamonds, as well as a blue knight.

More pictures to come when they settle in a bit more
Nice fish, for some one that dont agree with me. Really!

theblueprint

AC Members
Aug 22, 2005
bob1962 said:
Nice fish, for some one that dont agree with me. Really!

DONT YOU THINK YOUR OSCARS WILL EAT YOUR AFRICANS EVENTUALLY....

bob1962

AC Members
Sep 3, 2005
Woodstock NY
theblueprint said:
DONT YOU THINK YOUR OSCARS WILL EAT YOUR AFRICANS EVENTUALLY....
No apparent agression, but the oscars chase the texas and one big pleco, moderatley.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store