Fish Shows?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

palmbreeze

Fish are friends...not food!
Jul 26, 2005
Ohio
I was reading a post about if you should turn the lights out at night on your aquariums. Someone was talking about fish shows. I have never heard of such a thing. Could someone fill me in. Are there really fish shows where you can show your fish? If so could someone tell me about this. Very interesting.

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE
fish swaps...
there will be one herein hastins, NE in a while. people bring fish to ameeting, show off them, trade them, buy them,sell them, or other things like that. If a breeder had a school of cichlid fry big enough to fight for them selves but to small for stores to accsept they bringthem to a fish swap and auction the whole bach off. theres always a crossbreeder with something worth a look by my geuss.

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
our local clubs has shows every month or so. and then there are huge shows, thats when i think ofthe ones in asia with arowanas and koi where the winner can sell for half a million or more dollars.

Jericho

AC Members
Jul 22, 2005
And on the other issue yes you should turn your lights off at night. Some say that the lights are only there for the owner to view their fish, but fish need to go through a day cycle the same as people do. Some even go to the extent of using led's to create moonlight. I set up a moonlight system on my tank, more for the cool look it gives than anything else. But the fish were more active during the day after I set that system up.

palmbreeze

Fish are friends...not food!
Jul 26, 2005
Ohio
Wow! I would have never guessed!

I am from Dayton, Ohio. Not too far from ya!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store