Roseline sharks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm now broke after spending close to $150 on 5 roseline sharks, would have bought more but the LFS ran out. Hurts the wallet but they are worth it, they're beautiful and appear to be pretty hardy so far. If anyone was on the fence about getting them, I say go for it. They show no sign of aggression towards my smaller fishes and they ate right away. They're active swimmers that aren't shy and make a great schooling fish for the larger tanks. The LFS did confirm for me that they had seen one that was over 5 inchs long.

Oh, if you're reading this Mooman, know that your constant hyping has finally made me get a pair of apisto cacatuoides. That and the LFS finally had some in stock. :D

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Wow, expensive fish!! Do you have any pics of them? My husband was not happy that I spent forty on 5 clown loaches, 150 might be pushing it!! Do you have gaurantee of any kind on them?

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
My only gaurantee is clean water and a good diet :joke:, plus a one week return policy. I gotta find a camera and wanted to let my plants fill out first but I'll be sure to share in the near future.

The apistos are just juveniles, tiny little things that costs me $7 a piece.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Puntius denisonii are beautiful fish. I do believe an adult male has the potential to reach 6" or so.

Oliver Knott's award-winning tank uses them as the fishy focal point:

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Wow, Rask. I've never heard of them being that cheap, let alone a third of that price! Is that at a normal LFS???

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
Raskolnikov said:
Wow...they are a very nice looking fish but 4" specimens run about $12/piece here. Congratulations on your new aquisition, though.
Thanks for making me feel ripped off! :p:

Their prices are dropping as they're becoming more popular and commonplace, but I couldn't wait.

Shelzbells

AC Members
Apr 1, 2005
Iowa
Those are so beautiful, they are at the top of my wishlist!!!!! I cant find them nowhere around here, hopefully someday they will be more widespread, and somewhat cheaper :p:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store