ghost shrimp question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ilovegreyhounds

AC Members
Aug 29, 2005
I went to Walmart today and saw some ghost shrimp for 26 cents a piece. I know it's probably not smart to buy fish at walmart but oh well. I also got a mickey mouse platy that is yellow. When the guy put them both in the same bag the ghost shrimp attacked the platy and bit part of it's tail off!!!!!!! I got four shrimp. I was wondering if they could go in a tank with gouramis, mollies, and platys? right now I have them in a 6 gallon tank with a male guppy. Oh and what do they eat?!?! I know nothing about shrimp. Thanks for the info!

troy272

AC Members
Aug 21, 2005
ilovegreyhounds said:
I went to Walmart today and saw some ghost shrimp for 26 cents a piece. I know it's probably not smart to buy fish at walmart but oh well. I also got a mickey mouse platy that is yellow. When the guy put them both in the same bag the ghost shrimp attacked the platy and bit part of it's tail off!!!!!!! I got four shrimp. I was wondering if they could go in a tank with gouramis, mollies, and platys? right now I have them in a 6 gallon tank with a male guppy. Oh and what do they eat?!?! I know nothing about shrimp. Thanks for the info!
as far as i know ghost shrimp will eat any food laying around the tank because theyre really good at cleaning that tank.

thats what ive experienced with them

hope this helps,
Troy

Shelzbells

AC Members
Apr 1, 2005
Iowa
In all of my experiences with ghost shrimp, theyve gotten along fine with any fish, my main concern, was always, that all the other fish would EAT the shrimp. Eventually they did, as the shrimp always disappeared before too long.

ilovegreyhounds

AC Members
Aug 29, 2005
that's why I didn't put them with my gourami! I was afraid!:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store