wanna have a 20 gallon marine

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unknownfisher

AC Members
May 13, 2005
:help: Well i wanted a marine tank. I have had the tank setup already. I also went and bought a ne light bulb with strong lighting. Water is 1.025.
Well things i had in mind that i was going to get:

a pair of ocellaris clown
a host anemone
corals or live rocks

These are the things im going to get. Is the water ok for the coral and anemone.
The clowns are about 50 bucks and anemone is about 20 bucks
And the corals are 7 dollar a each.

Im planning to use at least 100 dollars for it. What else do i need.
Oh yea. what should i feed my coral and anemone. thanks :help:

LittlePuff

LittlePuff
May 18, 2004
Peoria,IL
Visit site
I'd do a whole lot of recearch before buying anything. Get a copy of The Concientious Marine Aquarist (book) It will give you alot of help choosing what equipment you'll need for what you want to get. You'll need to spend ALOT more than $100. :read:

Kim

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
unknownfisher said:
:help: Well i wanted a marine tank. I have had the tank setup already. I also went and bought a ne light bulb with strong lighting. Water is 1.025.
Well things i had in mind that i was going to get:

a pair of ocellaris clown
a host anemone
corals or live rocks

These are the things im going to get. Is the water ok for the coral and anemone.
The clowns are about 50 bucks and anemone is about 20 bucks
And the corals are 7 dollar a each.

Im planning to use at least 100 dollars for it. What else do i need.
Oh yea. what should i feed my coral and anemone. thanks :help:
Depending on what type of Anemone you have, it will not do well. These guys need Metal Halide to stay happy and well. And to really keep guys like this, you really need to spend the money. In keeping nice corals and Anemones people need to spend the money on the lighting.

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Here is an excellent place to start your research - http://www.nano-reef.com/ - clowns don't need anemones to survive, and most anemones do not do well at all in captivity.

unknownfisher

AC Members
May 13, 2005
Well ok than. If they are that hard to raise im just gonna get some corals and some fake sea anemone. Do you think that this is better?

superjohnny

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sol
go read reefcentral forums. There's a whole section on anemone's. What you keep is dependent on the lighting. You won't be able to successfully keep high-light anemone's in a low light environment. 20g is quite small you know...

Figure out what you want to keep.
Figure out what it takes to keep those creatures.
Figure out how much it will cost and budget accordingly.
Start your new fish tank.

You really can't do this out of order without big surprises. And remember, just because it's possible doesn't make it a good idea.

wild_ky_fire

Registered Member
Sep 22, 2005
Kentucky
I have a 26gl tank

I have a 26gl tank, and i have already got about $1,000.00 in it, and it is nowhere close to being complete, and besides sand and live rock, i only have 3 fish, 2 corals, 1 scallop, and my cleaning crew(snails, hermit crabs) it is a slow process, and i have found the live rock to be the most expensive,but it is neat to see new things in my tank from the live rock..although i don't know what most of it is,lol...

good luck

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
unknownfisher said:
I also went and bought a ne light bulb with strong lighting.
What kind of lighting did you buy?

I agree that you'll want to do some research first, and that you're about to spend more than $100. I have a 14g nano and I've put at least $1500 into it. Something you didn't mention purchasing is a protein skimmer - I'd highly recommend getting one if you want to keep corals and/or an anemone (which require somewhat higher water quality than fish).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store