SORRY SORRY SORRY, But I have a question about ICH in need of quick response!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trafty7

AC Members
Sep 18, 2005
I am home from the weekend for college and I just discovered my fish had ich...I came on here immediately to look for what to do and i read an article by daveedka here:

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39759

and I think im going to go with the salt treatment...if anyone disagrees please tell me...i have a 29 gallon with 2 angelfish, a molly, a synodontus eupterus, and a glass catfish...but, my main question i need answered ASAP is...

How often do you add salt...do i just add it once for the treatment period or every day or every week or every other day?? Please help me someone! Oh, and one more question...do i add one teaspoon at a time by 1/4 tsp. per hour, or do i add the total amount of (1 tsp * 29 gal. = 29 tsp.) in 1/4 amount per hour? sorry, its kind of confusing...but the main thing i need help with is how many times do i add the salt to the tank???

Sorry for another ich thread but i read the article and 2 other ones on www.aquarticles.com and couldnt find my answer, and i leave to go back to college tomorrow, so i need to know exactly whats going on to tell my girlfriend who takes care of my tank!! Thanks for any help...it would be greatly appreciated!!

JinxXx0085

AC Members
Jun 12, 2005
Montana
The only one thing I can say is... Salt DO NOT evaporate. So, you DO NOT need to add salt daily. You don't want to do that. (YIKES!) The only way to remove salt from water is by doing water change.

trafty7

AC Members
Sep 18, 2005
alright...so you're saying just do it once then??

did you ever have any problems with ich? if so what did you do?/....just curious!

JinxXx0085

AC Members
Jun 12, 2005
Montana
I haven't had problem with ICH (knock on wood), I defintely would go with the article by daveedka if I had ICH problem.
As for salt, only do it once thats it. No more. Unless you do water change and then you would to make up the loss of salt if you need to continue the treatment for ICH.

trafty7

AC Members
Sep 18, 2005
ok...thank you so much JinxXx0085....I really appreciate this!!...I'll post here once I get some results or (hopefully not) if any fish die!

THANKS AGAIN!!

JinxXx0085

AC Members
Jun 12, 2005
Montana
There you go! You're good to go :p:
Give us update when you come back from college :dance2:

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
She will need to do some water changes though, and then will need to replace the salt. Nice girl you have there, taking care of your tank for you ;)

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
Just for clarification, snails cannot carry ich nor are they susceptable to it. at best they can be a passive vector if you happen to introduce a snail that happens to have an ich tomont on it or in the shell. This is not an impossible scenario, but I wouldn't bet on it actually happening often.
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store