Angel laid eggs! how to handle this??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mclife

AC Members
Nov 2, 2004
Ok, this is my first experience with eggs. I have a 150 gallon with 4 angels, rainbows, balas, pleco, clown loaches, and a tyre track eel.

I searched and read most of the "angel egg" threads on this forum. The eggs look a golden color right now, laid on the tube of my filter. Also should note that the Angels I have were raised by their parents because I bought them from a shop that breeds their own, and I've seen how they do it.

I'd like to let my Angels attempt to raise their own young, but I am more worried about the other fish in the tank eating the eggs or the fry when they hatch.

How should I handle this?

hardcyder

AC Members
Apr 26, 2005
Belleville Ontario Ca.
My pair of Gold angels bred a number of times. I think youll have more success if you can transfer the parents and eggs into a cycled, barebottom aquarium, 20 gals or so. They lay often once they start, so you will prob have your chance to try again if this batch fails.
They were great parents most of the time, but both the eggs and fry are sensitive. The eggs to fungus and the wrigglers seemed to die off slowly. I has read that there is a parasite that affects the fries ability to get oxygen. I tried chemicals at one point but I believe I under medicated. I think a lot of breeders use methalin blue or something similar. I was only successful in raising ONE fish out of dozens of batches to adulthood. She is as big as her mother now. I hope you'll have better results than I, so good luck.

mclife

AC Members
Nov 2, 2004
How about adding a partition in my 150 gallon? That would protect the fry from the other fish and allow my angels to try to care for them. Then when they grow big enough, i can remove them and put them in a different tank.

duhin

AC Members
Jun 14, 2005
INDIA
haa haa

:idea:​

:devil:​

e-mail me you angel fish along with their eeg, It will solve your problem.

:joke:​

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store