Possible cure for MTS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greendeltatke

AC Members
Mar 28, 2005
Chicago
Has anyone ever tried this cure? It comes in three parts:

1. Take one of your tanks and set it up in a school classroom, a day care center, a nursing home or the waiting room of a non-profit agency.

2. Set up a super easy feeding schedule for an employee there.

3. Volunteer to come in once a week for tank maintenance. Spread the work around with your local aquarium club if you can.

There! You have eliminated a tank from your home and beautified a public space. You've maybe spread your interest to the kids who see the fish. Most importantly you've given support to people who make a living taking care of other people.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
LOL...I thought you might have meant malayasian trumpet snails...great idea. Our fish club has their meetings in a local parochial school and we maintain a 55 gal community tank in their science classroom for them, using tiems donated by club members.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Heh when it comes to that, it just means I can't fit any more tanks in at home. :D

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
RTR, does the current number of tanks set up now as compared to the past mean there are more in storage?

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Yup. The re-arrangement of the last couple + of years means that all the big tanks are stored, nothing over 65 in use, and most of the smaller tanks were donated away.

Someday I will swap back, and just have mostly the big tanks going, so the tank numbers will be smaller, total water volumes close or slightly greater than now.

flyingfish

time to play!
Dec 26, 2004
Unfortunately, you have just spread the dreaded MTS to all those poor unwitting elderly and children. :D And now you have to go buy a bigger tank to replace the one you are "loaning".:)

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Not quite - Like Boston ladies' hats, I don't often buy fish tanks, I have fish tanks. But considering how much effort it takes to tear down tanks and reset others in their place, it does not happen until I get very bored... ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store