Reviews on HOT Magnum??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
I have two tanks..a 75 and a 40T. The 75 has two Emperor 280's, the 40T an Eclipse 3 hood system. I was interested in purchasing a HOT Magnum to use as a water polisher at water changes etc. I am interested not in running it all the time, but maybe a few hours a week on each tank...switching it back and forth. I do weekly changes of about 20-25% on the tanks (Well...will on the 75 when cycle is complete). I have well water so no chlorine. Plus, each tank has driftwood so it gets a bit "rusty" looking from the driftwood.
Has anyone had experience with this product? I found some product reviews online but wanted opinions of someone who is currently using them. Thanks.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick

WharfRat

Don't Panic / Always Carry A Towel
Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
I have one and use it for about the same reason. My only gripe about it is that it takes forever for mine to clear any trapped air and it gurgles a long time. The old models I think were the best when they first hit the market. They've been redesigned and just aren't as good as they once were IMO. I am considering adding a relief valve to the lid of mine..but unless you know how to make these types of modifications I don't suggest it. All in all..if I were to do it over..I'd opt for something else..I like the hang on back design..but its a cheap POS anymore.

Left C

AC Members
Jul 21, 2005
Burlington, NC
I like mine too. When I set up a new tank, I use it to clear the cloudy water. The micron cartridge can be bleached and reused. I use it for this and if I ever need a back up, I got one. I got the Pro Kit but I've never used the Bio-Wheel 30 that it comes with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store