Pictures: Tropheus Moorii "Nkonde" colony...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BrownBullhead

AC Members
May 16, 2005
[Canada] Ile-des-Chenes, Manitoba
Hey guys... my apologies for the mediocre images, and the water streaks on the glass. Anyway, this is my Tropheus Moorii Nkonde colony... 19 fish... unknown ratio M/F... I had 25 when I got them but I lost 6 to bloat. :( That was back in May, no problems since! They are in a 55-gallon (48 x 12 base, 18 high) but they will soon move to a 77-gallon if a deal I am working on goes through like it's supposed to. They are in with some Syno. Multipunctatus. Well, enjoy the pix!

Click the thumbnails to see the fullsize images!

dlau21

DirtDog
Sep 2, 2005
OAKLAND CALI
what usually caused the bloat in your fish? What is their diet? What are your water specs? Jus interested because Im thinkin about getting a tropheus moorii myself. Your fish have great colors! Nice fish!!!

BrownBullhead

AC Members
May 16, 2005
[Canada] Ile-des-Chenes, Manitoba
In my case, I think it was having two colonies (25 fish each) in a 150-gallon... different temperaments and two alpha males (one each colony) trying to run the show... I was keeping up on water changes and feeding only veggie diet... the stress of moving them too from the guy I bought them from may have contributed to the bloat. You should google tropheus and bloat and see the results... makes for some good reading prior to purchasing these pugnacious dudes. :) And... when you say "a" Moorii... I am hoping you mean "a" colony, as in 15+ fish of the same species, yes? :p

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
Very nice!

I've always really liked most Tropheus... some day I'll probably have them, but not in the near future :(.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store