Angel Fish - Severon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
My babby fish are growing and I have a real nice none agressive green severon. Well my father in law loves fish and has some Angel fish. I don't want to give him this fish if it will kill the angels. Will they be compadible?

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Do you mean severum? If so I think size will be the only issue, both of the tank and of the fish. Both are cichlids and will defend thier teratory. But both are more peaceful cichlids and usually will not go looking for a fight. I would say if they are of simmilar size, and in a large enough tank with good hiding spots it should be ok. There is always a chance any individual fish will not get along with another fish, regardless of what thier "average" temperment is, so keep a close eye out the first week or so.

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I mean severum.
I believe they are close in size. I dont know how big angles get but I have see some pretty good sized severums even though it takes a long time.
I will have to check with him on his tank sized. I was thinking this should work out I just wanted to check knowing nothing of angles except they are cichlids

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Its not a good idea to mix Angels and Severums. Angels rarely get over 4" in length, are are quite delicate structured fish. Severums can reach 8-9", and are moderately aggressive. They would easily make the Angel's lives hell, if not kill them.

Don't mix the two.

Merman

AC Members
Mar 24, 2003
pennsylvania
I have to agree with NatakuTseng, that you should not mix Severums and Angelfish. I've seen the mix go bad first hand. I had kept a Severum and an Angel together. At the time, both were about 4 to 5 inches. The Severum bit the Angels long hanging veils down to stubs, and chewed at the rest of her as well. I had to seperate them. Don't do it!

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
Thanks

I am not going to do it. Plus I don't think I am going to part with my Severum. I didn't want to fall into the old trap where you have tanks all over the house but I think its going to happen.
Thanks you all.

mooman

Scratch my belly Human!
Mar 8, 2005
Columbus, OH
I didn't want to fall into the old trap where you have tanks all over the hous
One word: FISHROOM I can't wait to consolidate my tanks into one space. How much easier would that make tank maintainance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store