bloated angel...please help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

randalizm

HxC
Apr 14, 2005
orange county, CA
hi party people :D
From everything ive read on here i think he's just constipated. so i tried feeding him skinned peas and vegies but the problem is he doesnt eat. so i guess my only option would be to add epsom salt to the water. iv'e done my research in the forums but found different answers so i thot id give it a try...
1. how much do i use per gallon?
2. how long does it usually take before the fish starts to poop?
3. how long should i keep it in the tank?
4. i dont have a q-tank so will my other fish be ok?

THANKS!!!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
1.) 2tbsp per 10g
2.) Usually within the hour, add a second dose if it's not relieved in 4 hrs.
3.) However long you want... if you have to wait until next WC, then that's okay
4.) No, it will not harm your other fish. It will raise the gH, but that should be nothing to worry about.

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
It's a laxative and helps relieve constipation in your fishes.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
i have b/c of the magnesium in it. i don't know what else to suggest unless you know how to give a fish a suppository lol. good luck !!

randalizm

HxC
Apr 14, 2005
orange county, CA
haha i'll stick to the salt...i'll let you know how it goes, i think im gonna have to put a 2nd dose :(

randalizm

HxC
Apr 14, 2005
orange county, CA
update

so its been about 7 days and he still looks kind of bloated but he did poop but its white. and he is not breathing as fast as he was so im thinking thats a good sign. so would white feces mean he may have an internal parasite? would that make him kinda bloated? also should i start taking the epsom salt out with a 50% water change?

THANKS!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store