pink discus?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oscar119

AC Members
Sep 14, 2005
My girlfriend wants to set up a disus tank eventually. Now I've done a little reading on them as far as their needs but there seems to be soooooooooo many color strains in discus. I've seen a couple i.e. Red Scorpion, that seem to look more pinkish than red.

I know some of the discus keepers know alot about the different colors of discus. Is there one that's fushia/pinkish color?

FishFreak101

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
I think that there is only one person who could anwser your question Naktu!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
I do not believe there are any truly pink fushia discus. The closest you might get to it are the really bright reds.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
The only time you will find a discus like that, is if it has been hormoned beyond belief. The ones like that will be from low quality breeders in Asia or wholesalers that sell low quality fish. Being hormoned there is a whole host of health issues associated with the after effects of the hormones,not even going into the disease issues associated with the breeders and importers that deal with those kinds of fish.

oscar119

AC Members
Sep 14, 2005
Ok so that settles that.. She'll just have to deal with the normal colors from the local LFS.. Thanks to all for you help!@

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Don't buy from your LFS, its a waste of money. The fish they have fish that should have been culled, huge possibility of them being diseased, stunted, etc. Spend the money and get some good fish its worth it. 99% of the time buying from LFS is throwing your money away. Also have you researched the discus at all and what tank size are they going in, tank mates etc?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store