a molly dalmatian I guess...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tiger

Siberian Tiger in the House
Oct 8, 2005
The guy at Walmart, told me it's a dalmatian molly, but I haven't found any on the net with that name. The 2 females died, one right after gave me about 20 fry. Out of those I have left only 3. The "daddy" is lonely, but I am affraid to buy females for him, because I got 2 platies, and the female is pregnant. I am waiting on her to "deliver", but she doesn't. I put new fake and natural plants, I got nice decor, what else cand I do? Also, shold I get more females for the dalmatian molly? HELP! :girl:

schiejr

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Madison, WI
Visit site
How big is the tank?

The male will be fine. Fine as long as he does not chase your female platies too much. Not necessary to have females but if you do add some in the future more females would be best to spread out the attention of the male. I like to go minimum 1 male to at least 3 females and usually have 5 or 6.

Dalmation mollies are a sport or variation regular mollies. I have seen them in the smaller sphenops variety as well as the larger sailfin types. Care etc. is the same.

Last edited:

tiger

Siberian Tiger in the House
Oct 8, 2005
my tank is 40 gallons

I think... So if I get a few more females, of simply molly, he will mate? Cause I have not found anymore dalmatian mollies at the store. I saw some dalmatians with the tail longer, and the one I have has a regular tail. That is the only difference. Also, someone told me, while the platy is pregnant, to remove from the tank the male platy. Should I do that? Cause if I do, I will place him in the little net-tank, for the fry until she delivers. Or should I place her in the net-tank?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store