Help with my many inverts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
i got some free rubble live rock from a breeder i know, at first i thought it had no living organisms on it but when i got home i was amazed, one peice has a magnificent anemone on it about the size of a thumb nail. unfortunately my tank is cycling and i doubt that it will live, but still i want to do everything i can to ensure that if possible i will be able to keep it. ALIVE.

Does anyone have any tips on feed, caring for it etc.

Also another peice of rock came with favia sp. the coral is about 3 times the size of a thumb nail and is a yellow/brown colour. what must i do to keep this coral also alive during my cycling period.

and the last rock has 3 anemones on it, these are a little hard to identify since they are so small, 5 tentacles or so on each one, i think they may be heliofungia actiniformis, what must i also do to maximise there chance for living.

Lastly i noticed a snail on one of my rocks, it is unlike any other i have encountered before, i saw it was moving thismorning very slowly, the shell is a cone shape and it is brown and every millimeter or so it has a white ring around it, anyone have any idea what it is.

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
hi, i feed my bouble tip anemone pieces of white bait. when it was smaller i used to feed it mysis shrimp. if your tank really is cycling then it will pobebly die anyway, give it good light

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
i fed them some brine shrimp and they seemed happy enough, what about the other corals?? and how many time should i feed the anemones

thanks

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
don't feed it too often because they will die, mabey a few times a week, like 3 mabey. they will also get food from the clowns and from photosynthesis so it isn't extremley important

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
Just a thought, but if you have no other place to put the anemone and the coral you could bag it up and take it to the lfs to hold it for 4 weeks until your cycle is finished. Might take some money and some convincing. If you have a bad lfs I wouldn't go so far as to waste my time to just pay to have them kill it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store