Dwarf Lion vs Clowns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
Hi Guys,

I had a Fuzzy Dwarf lionfish about a year ago, i eventually gave him back to the shop as i could not get him to eat frozen food (1 month Later).

However i now have the chance of getting a baby fuzzy dwarf (2") that i have seen eat frozen easily even eagerly. I do love these fish they have a great deal of charater once they figure out who you are!

anyways my question is this, my clowns 2 wonderfull true perculas (2 1/2" and 1 1/2 - 2") are my pride and joy great fish, i dont want them to be a snack what are my chances of keeping the lion with these in both the short and long term?

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Short term you would be okay. With the lion being about the same size as long as you keep it WELL fed it will be fine. Long term they will become a snack. The lions get 6"+ and a 2-3" perc would be an easy snack. Remember lions of lockable jaws meaning they can open it VERY wide! Anyway, hope this helps and good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store