help my royal gramma

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

milsaltnewbie

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Cheyenne WY
hey guys im new to this forum, i have a question.I just put a royal gramma in my tank, and hi and my perc got into a huge fight because he was getting to close to his anemonea, now the rayal gramma has a bite mark in his left side that he keeps scratching kinda like to take his damaged skiin of, the are getting along now after the stablished whos boss(clown).Shlould i take him out and QT or what?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
It depends. In a healthy setup, if the injured fish is not being bothered by other inhabitants, I'd probably just leave the injured fish alone. Most wounds will heal on their own without any treatment in a clean tank, while the stress of moving won't help. If other fish are bothering the wounded one, then removal to a quarantine will be beneficial. With no sign of infection, I wouldn't treat with any medications--too many potential side effects.

Buy a product named Garlic Guard from seachem. Its does smell highly of garlic. Pour some Garlic Guard in a little container and put a frozen cube of spiralina brine shrimp in it and let it marinate. After a little bit feed it to ur tank and hopefully ur gamma will eat and help heal his wounds and make his immune system stronger. Gamma much like pseudochromises can get very aggressive in a tank especially to a certain area of a tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store