Best Skimmer??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TAZ3503

AC Members
Sep 27, 2005
HI,

I'm setting up a 60gallon saltwater tank. I'm going to use live rock and a magnum 350 deluxe for filtration. Since I am not going to use a sump I was told i had to use a hang on the back protein skimmer. Don't really want one that hangs on the back but I was told there is not a skimmer in existence that I can put below the tank that doesn't have a sump. I was recommended a Coralife Super Skimmer for up to 65 gallons. Is this the best skimmer I can get for a hang on the back or are there other skimmers I can put below where i don't need a sump? any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
taz3503

LittlePuff

LittlePuff
May 18, 2004
Peoria,IL
Visit site
That is a good skimmer, so are Aqua C Remoras (HOB)
Don't use the other filter for biological filtration, you'll get alot of nitrates.
Live rock with or without live sand and a skimmer are all you really need.
If you use the filter for mechanical filtration, clean it weekly to keep the bacteria down.

Kim

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
I have a tunze skimmer and it is made to be in the tank. It is made for about 60g and even though I have it in the sump it looks fine in the tank. It is the best skimmer out there and it is litte too. i really recomend it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store