goldfish with swim bladder problem?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Corpus7

AC Members
Oct 17, 2005
Hi all, here's my quandry. I have a fancy goldfish that was in a small pond in my backyard. He began showing problems swimming upright and then stayed at the bottom of the tank. I moved him inside into a 10 gallon that had been cycled and placed his water temp around 74 fahrenheit. I thought he had dropsy so I used some dropsy medication for a full 8 day cycle as the directions on the medicine said to. Three weeks after the medication cycle he is still having trouble swimming upright and stays at the bottom of the tank still. When I go to feed him once a day he swims excitedly towards me (upside down and kinda sideways though) and munchs on the food I give him. I have been doing 50% water changes every other day and I have a bio-wheel on the filter. I'm clueless at this point. Any ideas?

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Welcome to the Forum!!! :cool:

Although I don't know anything about goldfish, it sure sounds like a swim bladder problem. Or maybe he's getting towards the end of his life. :sad:
How old is he?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store