Brown powdery algea

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pierced19956

Registered Member
Oct 23, 2005
i have a 55 gallon long tank with a whiper 60 filter and a seaclone 150 protien skimmer. I have had it setup and running for about 3 months with no problems. i have 100 lbs of dead coral rock, 2 firefish, 4 convict gobies, 2 citron clown gobies, a yellow tang, 3 green chromis, a emrald crab and a coral band shrimp. i noticed some brown algea and cleaned it off the botom and now it seems like i can't get rid of it, it seems like its powdery cause i can get most of it off the rock by swishing the water around. i also have a 52 gallon bow front with a skitler 400 filter and a ventura 20 protien skimmer and it is starting to get the same algea too. How do i get rid of it??

How long r ur lights on for? All algea is a plant that feed from phyotosynthesis. So the more light the more algea u will get. It doenst have to be bulb light either It could also be from sunlight, bulb light, or room light working together to give u algea. Go and purchase some turbo snails. They will keep ur rocks clean, and a milk gobie will keep ur sand clean. As for the glass the best thing is to use ur hand byitself or with a algea pad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store