What is this???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jasper

Registered Member
Oct 24, 2005
noticed this growing yesterday. anyone know what it is. it looks soft and mostly transparent.

it's growing on my live rock. the tanks only been set up about a week.

pbrack

GO SENS GO!
Oct 8, 2005
Is the stuff blue or pruple? Because after I bought my emerald crab, my bubble algea started turning transparent, and I noticed a bunch of spots of coralline algea on it. It didn't exactly look like that, but maybe you didn't notice the bubble algea before, and that's what it is.

Jasper

Registered Member
Oct 24, 2005
I've just noticed that this is beginning to spread. i'm not sure if it's something i should worry about or not. any advise?

little fish

Registered Member
Oct 11, 2005
if the tank has only been up for a week it's probably something dying not something growing. coralline will bleach as it dies. don't fuss it is early yet, it will come back.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Bacterial sheets or maybe a sponge . Sometimes sponges grow fast when a tank is new a lot of them eat bacteria. Either way probably nothing to worry over.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Bacterial sheets or maybe a sponge . Sometimes sponges grow fast when a tank is new a lot of them eat bacteria. Either way probably nothing to worry over. Just part of the natural cycle of your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store