Security film

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sardesign

AC Members
Sep 28, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
This may be a new topic for some people. I'm looking into security film to wrap my glass tank with. Apparently there are some manufacturers that make an impact film that secures glass so it does not catastrophically fail. Granted there will be a ton of water behind it, does anyone have any experience with this stuff or know a good website with some details?

id10t

AC Members
Jun 10, 2005
A friend used to keep a large monitor in a tank that he wrapped in clear packing tape. Several cracks in the glass later, the lizzard is still in the tank... not sure what water pressure would do - probably just bust on out and leak everywhere.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I'm not sure I'm thinking of the same thing, but security film as used in cars basically keeps the glass from shattering all over the place when it does break. If this the same animal, it will do little as far as holding the water in if there was a big break. :(

hdsportyguy

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
film

I would think it might save your bare feet from cutting on glass, but you will still be walking on the water leaked from your tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store