a good site for those looking for pictures and info on aquatic plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Here's a pretty nice site I found with plenty of pictures and some information on various aquatic plants. Click on the plant picture and you get general info on the plants needs. I don't know how accurate the info is though, other more informed hobyists will have to gadge that.... Thought this would be a good place to post it though ! :D

The only complaint I have about it is that you have to click on the picture to get the name of the plant....if you're looking for a specific plant and don't know what it looks like...you'd have to keep clicking to find it...oh well.... :huh:

http://www.plantedtank.net/plantgallery.html

Last edited:

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Tropica is one of the premier aquatic plant propagation forms in the world, and as such does sell aquatic plants (but not in the USA). They also do collection expeditions to find and introduce new plants and new cultivars/races of plants into the trade. They do in their plant profiles cite the natural home of the plants.

Cosmopolitan: Dictionary definition: Pertinent or common to the whole world: an issue of cosmopolitan import.

thankyou & from what you say it sounds like I should get a new job with tropica :) I wonder if theres such an organization in canada? Introducing new plants to the aquarium industry,testing.propagating.sounds right up my ally .We have the MNR hre but being government it may not be as fun with all the red tape & paperwork.
Thankyou in adition for the price clairification on that riccia,Ile try some on your advice.I just didn't want to support high prices or it reinforces the higher cost as normal :) It realy is beautiful.

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
telecubby said:
thankyou & from what you say it sounds like I should get a new job with tropica :) I wonder if theres such an organization in canada? Introducing new plants to the aquarium industry,testing.propagating.sounds right up my ally .We have the MNR hre but being government it may not be as fun with all the red tape & paperwork.
Thankyou in adition for the price clairification on that riccia,Ile try some on your advice.I just didn't want to support high prices or it reinforces the higher cost as normal :) It realy is beautiful.

One of my LFS gets its plants from Tropica, available to Canada, and also from local hobbyists who trade in cuttings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store