what the #@$%* is this thing??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
sorry dont have a pic....yhis thing keeps hiding too fast... i was staring at my live rock when in one of the crevises something moved n caught my eye. wondering what it was, i took a piece of shrimp and stuck it to the rock just in front of the hole.....sure enough this arm looking think stuck out, waved around a minute, then found the shrimp, grabbed it, and drug it back into the hole. i thought it was a bristleworm at first but all the pics i can find of them dont look like this.....it is sort or purple looking ,almost banded with black, and has sort of spiky things all along the sides of the "arm" it is also the same width along the whole thing from what i could see, it doesnt taper like the worms i saw. any one have any ideas?? thanx in advance!!! :help:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Does it look soft, flexible? How is it different from the bristleworm pics you've looked at?

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I agree with Memphis sounds like one of the many species of bristle worms to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store