bangaii cardiel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

madford

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
i got a bangaii cardinel about a month ago now he is died he never seemed to eat when i feed the other fish... how do you care for these fish.... was told they are easy to care for.... i got one yellow tang one scopiuos tang, one tomato clown two other clowns... one goby.... two arow grabs, some anenimeis..... the water is fine.... just checked it.....what went wrong

madford

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
75 gal hex just checked the water and its good.... salt is good too.....he is not died yet but not looking good.... ph is at a 7.8 little low..... but its always been like that.... for two months.... pet store sayed it would stabilize, should i put a ph buffer in the tank..... all the other fish are doing great...... i know the bangaii cardinal is nocturnial, do you have to feed them at night with the lights off.......

madford

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
yes plenty of area's for it to hide but it never did... just hung out..... it looked great for as long as it lasted.....

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
That's not normal. I'd say it was wild caught and mis handled most likely. Just a little free advise fwiw unless you really trust the source keep an eye on a new critter for a week or so. Then when you do buy it put it in a hospital tank so that if you're wrong you don't loose more than one fish.
chris

csloo

AC Members
Jul 20, 2005
madford said:
i got a bangaii cardinel about a month ago now he is died he never seemed to eat when i feed the other fish... how do you care for these fish.... was told they are easy to care for.... i got one yellow tang one scopiuos tang, one tomato clown two other clowns... one goby.... two arow grabs, some anenimeis..... the water is fine.... just checked it.....what went wrong
banggai cardinal loves live food such as live brimpshrimp and etc. you must train him to eat dead shrimp, worms and etc....banggai cardinal is not so easy to kept unless they started to eat....once you never give ur training or he just focus on live food, he will kept on diet..

So good luck on ur next shipment...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store