Baby Ghost Shrimp and Danio fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TEES_91

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
I have about 10 ghost shrimp that have been doing well. They have been molting with no die off for over a month in a 5.5 gal with a couple Danio's right now. Danio's are between tanks at the moment.
Anyways I took some water and rock from this tank for the ben. bacteria and put in a 2.5 gal with 4 ghost shrimp and a couple endlers. A low powered filter (up to 3 gal PF) set on low flow with a sponge on the strainer tube. Low and behold a few days later I had fry. I think they are Danio fry. Maybe I scooped up some eggs? Then today I was taking out the ghost shrimp because I got some cherry shrimp in. Then did a water change and while draining my little bucket (1/2 gal) I seen something moving around in it. I looked closer and it is about 1/4" long and looks to be a mini ghost shrimp. Could not see all of it's legs yet and it does not resemble a full grown but none the less looks very much alike.
I know I had alot of females with eggs when I got them but have never seen any. Maybe the Danio's have ate them along with their own fry? Has anyone else ever had baby ghost shrimp?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store