Myxazin with coral?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ryrazzer

AC Members
Nov 1, 2004
Is Myxazin harmful to coral? Ive just noticed my powder blue tang has white spot. I have some Myxazin but want to know whether it will harm my coral before i treat the tank. I have a feather duster, some xenia and some galaxia.

Please help. I want to treat my tang straight away.

Many thanks

kcmo lawman

Just a SimpleMan
Dec 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo
JMO, but I think a quarentine tank would be best suited for treating any illness that any livestock might have. With this method you don't have to worry about any chemicals in the main tank.

Bradd

ryrazzer

AC Members
Nov 1, 2004
So is it ok to put the Myxazin in or not?

P.s i dont have another tank so i have to treat in my main tank

kcmo lawman

Just a SimpleMan
Dec 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo
Go out and pick up a 10g tank. They are around $10 and can be one of the best investments you can make. I am sorry I don't know more about the chemical you are wanting to treat with.

Bradd

stoneage

AC Members
Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
ryrazzer said:
Is Myxazin harmful to coral? Ive just noticed my powder blue tang has white spot. I have some Myxazin but want to know whether it will harm my coral before i treat the tank. I have a feather duster, some xenia and some galaxia.

Please help. I want to treat my tang straight away.

Many thanks
Not usually but its good to be very viiglant. I noticed that my Xenia and the mushroom anomone were effected on day 5 of the treatment but they soon got better. Dont forget, its half dosage for whitespot in a marine aquaria.

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
I would suggest a seperate treatment area as well. Even if you have to use a large bowl, or a pot. If you add chemicals they are there virtually indefinitelly, You can do a water change but there will be some still in the remaining water and in the substrate etc... If you use another area then the only ammount in the tank is what is on the fish... unless you do a dip.

JMO

ryrazzer

AC Members
Nov 1, 2004
Thanks for your replies but this problem cleared up weeks ago.
After a few days the white spot cleared up.

Thanks anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store