Leopard Geckos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Ok folks,
I have been biten by a new bug, yep, Leopard Geckos. I am curious if there are other Leopard Gecko owners out here? And if there are any Breeders? This is actually my goal to give a try. I hear they are pretty easy to breed but would like to get some pointers.

jim

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Trickster, one thing I've noticed is that they pretty much all have different colorations than each other, which makes it pretty fun to pick one out at the store.

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
FreddytheFish said:
Trickster, one thing I've noticed is that they pretty much all have different colorations than each other, which makes it pretty fun to pick one out at the store.
Freddy,
I know this for a fact, but some times with cool coloration comes a hefty price. I recently went to a reptile show and looked around and basically geckos were going anywhere from $40-$400. From a nice common pattern to some exotic brightly hughed gem.

I got this bug and picked two up at the local petco. They are subadults so they are a pretty good size. I picked them up for about $26. Then the following day, I stopped by my buddies petshop and said I got this bug yesterday and picked up some geckos and needed some crickets. He asked me how much did I pay for them. I said, $26 a piece, he then shook his head and said, I sell them for $9. I looked at what he had and bought an actual pair, male and female, both sub adults as well. Both had high yellow in them and tangerine along with the spots, very pretty lizards. So now I have 4 geckos. I have worked with Iguanas in the past, a spiny tail and I still have my Green. Green is nice and big and very healthy. So no stranger, to reptiles and to their care.

I just wanted to know, who has the gecko bug and breeds them. I am very intersted in trying this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store