help!tetra has white spots?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
I have a cardinal tetra that I noticed has aquired some really small white spots all over its body including fins. I also noticed that his redness gets really pail to white when the light is turned off. water conditions are good, last time I checked. Water temp about 78F, amonia, nitrites-trates good. Two 18 in. flourescent bulbs for lighting. Tank mates include two dwarf gouramis one flame and one neon blue, two corie cats, and the tetra in question. He is the only tetra that servived out of five. :( other than the spots he seems to be doing fine dispite the lack of buddies. If some one could help I'd apreciate it. Is he sick or what?
Thanks,
P.S. all in a 29 gal aquarium.

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
If you dont have any plants dissolve 6 tsp of aqarium salt in a cup and add it to the tank. it should help with the white spots.

flyfly

follow me on twitter @flyfly_mackay
Jan 21, 2005
Portland, OR
www.myspace.com
sounds like ich (or ick, same thing) to me. check this out.

this is a common disease, i trust this wont be the last time you get it, but as time goes on you will get it less and less

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store